BBH LA was created to sit at the heart of entertainment, technology and really nice weather. Our team is made up of people who are good and nice, but most importantly hungry. Our work is focused on the belief that people will do anything to avoid advertising, but people will seek out and even pay to access great content. So we create all our work with that in mind. We exist to solve marketing missions famously.
Above all, we believe in the power of difference to make a difference. That means reinventing and re-establishing cultural norms to tell new, exciting and entertaining brand stories to shift the pop culture narratives. When the world zigs, we zag.
We also like nice people.
BBH LA is seeking a Business Affairs Manager to be the agency expert on the talent contracts (Union and Non-Union), vendor and talent estimates, negotiations, contracts and rights and clearance in partnership with agency legal counsel. The Business Affairs Manager will work with Producers and the Director of Business Affairs on overseeing content production, including broadcast, print, and digital projects across clients in our Los Angeles and New York City offices. This person is a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and able to work in a fast-paced creative environment.
Compliance and Risk
• Review creative materials and advise Agency teams on talent, copyright and intellectual property issues and advise on next steps (in tandem with agency legal counsel).
• Review vendor agreements to ensure compliance with Client SOWs and MSAs.
• Trademark searches for proposed branding, taglines, signage, design etc.
• Manage intellectual property rights and clearance acquisitions.
• Work with Director of Business Affairs on negotiating with celebrities and over scale agreements.
• Work with Agency legal counsel on issues including contracts, updating releases, contract templates, risk assessment and indemnifications.
• Work with the Dewitt Stern team to evaluate production insurance concerns as necessary.
Production and Project Management
• Review AICP, AICE, animation and music bids with Producer.
• Review final estimate and caveats with producer prior to submitting to Client for signature.
• Enter final estimate with notes into Altair, our financial system, for client signature.
• Create and issue appropriate award documents including production contract, insurance, licenses, talent agreements, and vendor purchase orders.
• Review scripts, rough cuts, and final creative for risk or clearance concerns in tandem with agency legal counsel.
Talent and Music
• Participate in project scoping discussions, providing Producers and Client teams with accurate estimates for talent session fees, usage, residuals, and all other talent and music related costs of production.
• Advise Agency teams and Clients on union rules, regulations and best practices.
• Issue talent contracts, session reports, and final casts to payroll vendor(s). Pay session, holding fees, usage and renegotiations in compliance with union guidelines.
• Evaluate and manage union claims, audits or reporting requests.
• Create and negotiate music vendor agreements.
• Issue talent agreements for productions in the U.S. as well as abroad.
• Handle all re-negotiation for talent and music.
• Report talent usage to third party payroll service.
• Work with Producers to monitor cost actuals through close of job.
• Process production invoices, including generating vendor purchase order.
• Work with internal Finance from pre-bill through project completion
• Create AD-IDs for spots for Broadcast Commercials.
• With Director of Business Affairs, proactively manages all account transition documentation for incoming and exiting clients.
At least 5 years in Business Affairs role working for an Advertising Agency.
Must have union experience.
max 3000 characters