The New York Office
BBH New York’s office in Tribeca boasts breathtaking panoramic views of the city. It is home to more than 125 BBH-ers across various disciplines, as well as our friends from DOMANI Studios. The NY team is proud to partner with such prestigious clients as Sony PlayStation, Sharpie, Abbott, Starwood, and Seamless.
Our enduring commitment to difference is best embodied by The Black Sheep. It represents our businesses, our culture and the people who work here.
BBH NY is seeking a Post Producer to work at Slaughterhouse, our in-house Production and Post-Production company as we look to expand that offering and create a best-in class production hub capable of bringing BBH ideas and creativity to life. We are looking for someone who is driven to curate, create and help manage productions across broadcast, digital, and social channels and be a foundational pillar on which we build and expand the Slaughterhouse.
Form a personality perspective, this person must be energetic, quick on their feet, solutions-driven and organized to ensure high quality work is delivered on time in an extremely fast-paced environment. Extensive previous experience in the industry is not required but an eagerness to learn and a hunger to succeed, is.
The key traits we are looking for are:
- A love of post-production and a willingness to learn the skill set required to be a great post-producer.
- A willingness to work hard and an interest to explore various projects whether they be editorial jobs, 2D animations, photo real 3D productions. In this job, (almost) anything is possible.
- A strong creative sensibility.
- Great communication skills.
- Good team-working capabilities and the ability to manage conflict.
- The ability to manage budgets and schedules.
- The desire to make great work.
- Great partner relationships with freelance talent / good external vendor relationships.
- The determination to make something happen even in the face of adversity.
Job Responsibilities Include:
Closely managing post-production and potentially some production projects from greenlight to final delivery, for internal and client work. Specific responsibilities include:
- Estimating and budgeting jobs and managing the bottom line alongside the Studio Production Manager.
- Staffing: Source, hold, and hire freelance talent, including editors, motion graphics artists, animators, audio engineers etc.
- Post Producing: Creating schedules and overseeing timelines, leading supervised edits, sharing latest rough cuts and deliverables, applying creative quality control.
- Equipment: making sure that workflows are in place and that we have the right software / equipment to take on projects.
- Running point with BBH producers and account teams for active projects.
- Communicating with creative teams and helping bring their vision to life.
Work with The Slaughterhouse Studio Production Manager and BBH Head of Production as we:
- Build out the Slaughterhouse’s production and post production capabilities and facilities
- Create and improve workflow procedures (freelance guidelines, project archiving, equipment, etc.) particularly in post-production
- Identify areas we can improve and opportunities we can seize within the agency and outside of it
- Collaborate on Slaughterhouse’s business needs as they arise (building out website, pulling together reels, tasks related to growing pains, etc.)
- Interested in creative storytelling and creative problem solving. Candidates who have those skills do not need a BA or an MA, although candidates with those will be considered as well.
- Must be capable of respectful, strong working relationships with external production partners and vendors. Relationship management is key in this role.
- Prior experience in fast-paced, creative environment.
- Technical skills ie Final Cut, Premiere, Adobe Creative Suite a plus.