The New York Office
BBH New York’s office in Tribeca boasts breathtaking panoramic views of the city. It is home to more than 125 BBH-ers across various disciplines, as well as our friends from DOMANI Studios. The NY team is proud to partner with such prestigious clients as Sony PlayStation, Sharpie, Abbott, Starwood, and Seamless.
Our enduring commitment to difference is best embodied by The Black Sheep. It represents our businesses, our culture and the people who work here.
BBH Editorial is looking for an exceptional lead writer to help us launch an exciting, challenger financial services brand in the United States.
You will be responsible for researching, planning, writing and editing content for the brand. The role would suit a journalist, feature writer, editor or possibly even a strategist with a gift for writing. Requires a good understanding of financial services, good experience of communicating complex subjects to a general audience, and writing to tone of voice guidelines with flare. In particular, we’re looking for someone who can assimilate and organize complex information; who can identify the lead in a story; and who can write with clarity and precision across a range of formats, from attention grabbing headline to incisive snapshot summary to engaging thinkpiece.
We’re looking for a someone who can execute with speed, intelligence and confidence. You will be helping to commission and create a large volume of editorial content on an ongoing basis, writing and editing for feature articles, podcasts and video. You will need to be able to spot stories and follow up on leads, but also think creatively about how best to land them with your target audience on a variety of channels.
You will report to the Editorial Director, but you should be happy and able to stay focused and motivated while working relatively independently. Ultimately, we want you to establish yourself as a subject matter expert whose knowledge and point of view will help grow and refine the editorial proposition around the brand.
- An outstanding portfolio of brilliant writing
- 3+ years experience in a writing role, ideally for digital platforms
- Experience of communicating complex ideas to a general audience
- Experience of content planning and concept development
- Ability to structure and deliver a reasoned written argument
- Ability to present to the wider team and clients, as required
- Ability to work collaboratively with others over long distances
- Good working understanding of financial services in the United States, with specific knowledge of personal financial planning an advantage.