The New York Office
BBH New York’s office in Tribeca boasts breathtaking panoramic views of the city. It is home to more than 125 BBH-ers across various disciplines. The NY team is proud to partner with such prestigious clients as Sony PlayStation, Netflix, Marriott, Planned Parenthood and Seamless.
Our enduring commitment to difference is best embodied by The Black Sheep. It represents our businesses, our culture and the people who work here.
BBH is looking for a strong Commercial Director who will be integral to managing Client Financials.
• Serve as the subject matter expert for the financial performance of BBH Clients
• Negotiate compensation with clients, and be part of the internal team working on compensation schemes to be used with clients
• Establish pricing strategy across BBH offerings, including analysis of industry standards
• Create and maintain a clear audit trail of all client financial activity within industry and accounting guidelines
• Prepare and maintain all financial records for monthly, quarterly and annual client reporting or audit requirements, as needed
• Partner with the project owners in the financial oversight of client work streams, including: on a monthly basis, review of the project management against scope of work, all aspects of budgeting, financial analysis, revenue projections and revenue recognition
• Production and maintenance of Client P&Ls and Forecasts
• Review the WIP and the AR balances for the clients on a weekly/monthly basis in connection with the project owners
• Lead monthly status meetings with Business Directors to ensure client financial health
• Lead and maintain Revenue Forecast (re-forecasted monthly) in conjunction with the finance and account management team
• Oversee the management of billings to the client, including monthly retainers, out of pocket costs and project fees. Ensure that all supporting documents are attached to the invoices appropriately
• Participate in month-end closing process with Finance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 8+ years applicable Finexperience
• Proficiency in MS Office with very strong excel skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with finance and non-financial people alike
• Ability to effectively manage workload, prioritize and streamline tasks to ensure accuracy and, take “ownership-mentality” in work
• Strong ability to anticipate problems, analyze situations and proactively come up with solutions, or reach out for assistance when needed, in a timely basis