The New York Office
BBH New York’s office in Tribeca boasts breathtaking panoramic views of the city. It is home to more than 125 BBH-ers across various disciplines, as well as our friends from DOMANI Studios. The NY team is proud to partner with such prestigious clients as Sony PlayStation, Sharpie, Abbott, Starwood, and Seamless.
Our enduring commitment to difference is best embodied by The Black Sheep. It represents our businesses, our culture and the people who work here.
BBH is seeking a high-performing, highly motivated and digitally experienced Account Director to join its Account Management team in New York. The ideal candidate has previous digital account management or production experience in an interactive agency, digital media company or startup environment. This is a tremendous, hands-on opportunity to help drive the digital direction and performance of both leading and upstart brands with a super talented, close-knit team of strategists, producers, designers and developers.
- Be a trusted voice and marketing partner, and proxy for GAD in meeting with senior client above the day to day
- Have a clear and well articulated POV on client’s business and ensure internal team understands client aims and goals
- Produce strategic thinking and make the creative work better with an informed and independent POV
- Strategize and architect agency’s best approach to situations, thinking several moves out with all potential repercussions
- Persuasively articulate agency agenda and POV
- Confidently manages divergent opinions internally and externally creating an aligned path forward
- Mobilize others towards a goal with decisiveness, and providing the team with direction
- Possess a nuanced understanding of the agency business, and proactively advise GAD on thoughts and opportunities for organic growth
- Understand when and how GAD/BDs need to be involved internally and externally, and clearly and concisely brief senior leadership (GADs/BDs/leadership) on business updates, situations, potential solutions, and desired outcomes
- Manage staffing allocations and flighting to ensure we’re set up for success while working efficiently and profitably
- Understand how to build a staff plan and fee proposal, and input on annual SOW’s with an informed POV
- Guide clients through requirements definition for digital product and platform builds and support Production and Technology partners in scoping and project planning.
- Analyze campaign, project and financial performance and identify areas for growth and improvement.
- Open and close meetings providing clarity and direction, and confidently guides conversation throughout to desired outcome
- Be part of, and help to strengthen, agency culture
- Proactively provide subject matter and business analyst advisory services to clients and team members
- 5-8 years of work experience at a digital agency, digital media company or startup in a client-facing account management role
- Experience working with creative, development and production teams to manage large, complex digital projects and campaigns across web, mobile and social channels
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for new ideas, developments and trends in digital – new platforms, products, channels, media and businesses
- Superior organization, communication and presentation skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Proactive, hands-on, team-oriented, solution-focused approach