The London Office
Based in the heart of Soho, BBH London is a vibrant hub of creativity, where the Black Sheep was first born. Today we are home to over 400 BBHer’s across our different specialisms, all connected by one culture.
There is no ‘one size fits all’ at BBH. We believe in difference. Because it makes a difference. If you surprise people then they’ll sit up. If you speak a different language to everyone else then they’ll listen. If you craft your message with love and originality then that message will land harder. If you give people something useful that makes their lives a little bit better then they’ll thank you. Everything we do is born out of the pursuit of difference. We fill our building with people who are different. We like to work with people who are different.
Our enduring commitment to difference is best embodied by The Black Sheep. It represents our businesses, our culture and the people who work here.
“When the world zigs, zag”. This was the line on our very first ad for our first client, Levi’s, back in 1982. It became something of a model for our business; we have always sought to challenge and lead the market.
It’s this spirit that has seen BBH reinvent itself over the last few years, evolving from a more traditional ad agency into a multi-discipline creative agency with many doors in, an incredible diversity of outputs and a collective of many specialisms. This change is manifest in the fact that a third of our revenue is now generated from digital projects – from the obvious online campaigns and digital marcomms into the world of products, services and e-commerce.
We’re looking for people who have come up with ideas that we wish we’d done, portfolios that make us jealous. We like people who are good and nice. Passionate, restless, curious people. Creatives who generate fresh, modern, big ideas that they exploit in interesting ways across all channels. We like people who are passionate about craft, writers who can write, art directors who have taste and vision. Storytellers who engage their craft to bring ideas to life in a compelling way.
A few practicalities:
- This vacancy advertisement is live from 13/03/2017 and expires on 10/4/2017
- Salary is competitive
- Standard Hours are 9.15am – 5.30pm
- Location of role, London
- This a permanent, full time role
- Contribute to strategic development of a well-defined creative brief and any additional briefing documents, speaking with client directly where necessary.
- Continually challenge the brief, challenge convention and challenge the team to produce work that far exceeds the clients’ and audiences’ expectations.
- Influence dramatic changes through ideas and creativity
- Provide creative direction with the ability to align own and the team’s’ ambitions with clients’ strategic objectives and overall success.
- Lead by example to consistently inspire creative colleagues to originate world-class, pioneering ideas that conceptualise world-class solutions.
- Continually develop practices and processes to inspire, innovate and harness new ways of thinking.
- Set creative direction and offer hands-on guidance throughout client team project/s.
- Display a cohesive understanding, and execute principles that make innovative and effective ideas and creative
- Consistently deliver outstanding creative that is effective and innovative
- Select most appropriate supplier for required task. Successfully manage multiple suppliers, partners and clients to ensure outsourced projects are creatively delivered on time, within budget and to the highest standards. Help ensure BBH always obtains the most cost-effective solution.
- Responsible for creation of award entries and case studies of key projects, ensuring they are distributed across the business to relevant people (e.g. client team, creative directors, and Business Development Director).
- Show understanding of jury environment for each award scheme and uses insight into judging process appropriately.
- Creatively lead new business pitches. Responsible for ideas and creative work, and competently present during pitches.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high quality work to clients on time.
- Ensure a high level internal/external client and team satisfaction.
- Ensure a high level of accuracy and attention to detail for own and teams’ work
- Significant local, regional and global brand experience
- Successfully generated integrated communications campaigns, developing innovative and pioneering work
- Worked across offices within an agency network
- Be comfortable in operating in an international environment
- Possess a truly global perspective on culture
- A deep and proven knowledge of design thinking
- An academic background in the arts, design or creativity for advertising
- Extension experience of operating at a senior level across multiple creative projects in a similar role
- A Proven ability to develop award-winning creative campaigns
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity in thought and action at all times