The London Office
Based in the heart of Soho, BBH London is a vibrant hub of creativity, where the Black Sheep was first born. Today we are home to over 400 BBHer’s across our different specialisms, all connected by one culture.
There is no ‘one size fits all’ at BBH. We believe in difference. Because it makes a difference. If you surprise people then they’ll sit up. If you speak a different language to everyone else then they’ll listen. If you craft your message with love and originality then that message will land harder. If you give people something useful that makes their lives a little bit better then they’ll thank you. Everything we do is born out of the pursuit of difference. We fill our building with people who are different. We like to work with people who are different.
Our enduring commitment to difference is best embodied by The Black Sheep. It represents our businesses, our culture and the people who work here.
Location: London, UK
Job title: Account Director
Date of posting: Tuesday 16th January 2018
Closing date: Tuesday 13th February 2018
They seek and develop cross-channel opportunities by working across various specialisms within the agency. The Account Director needs to have experience across global FMCG companies. The Account Director must also have a sound knowledge of digital, UX, e-commerce and digital path to purchase. Examples of integrated campaign delivery is mandatory.
- Builds client relationships to ensure best outcomes for both agency and client;
- Creates mutual respect and trust so when necessary they can have the tough conversations about timings, budgets etc. and thereby deliver better work;
- Actively manages conflict and solves problems to resolve issues quickly;
- Demonstrates clear understanding of client business strategy and marketing model, and the communications necessary to deliver against them;
- Identifies and creates opportunities for connected specialisms; and
- Is able to handle, design and lead large accounts that are often extremely fast paced i.e. retail. Examples of this will be needed.
- Maintains a significant commercial understanding of the brand and category and is able to report on P&L for the account.
- Exhibits true entrepreneurialism, setting and leading the commercial agenda with both our clients and our teams.
- Leads resource planning at project level – allocating resource, giving entire team visibility and leading by example.
- Has a tight grip on the resource planning and the numbers on the client account.
- Ensures client is actively managed on commercial data.
- Has a proven ability to work with agile, project-based fee structures.
WAYS OF WORKING BRILLIANCE
- Demonstrates ability to lead different types of teams to get to the best output.
- Leads and designs transformative ways of working based off the type and pace of account.
- Leads the creation of the right casting and process for different projects, always starting with ‘What do we need to do to get to the best possible work?’
- Actively looks for different ways to approach a task to get to results quicker.
- Builds mutually beneficial relationships with partners and specialisms.
- Demonstrates good mix of new and established skills.
- Is able to handle and has experience of low cost production which is often at fast-turn around.
- Leads team to get to the very best results – creatively and commercially.
- Understands different specialist skills and how to build teams around them.
- Creates a supportive environment for their direct reports, troubleshooting, coaching and mentoring them, empowering and guiding them at the same time.
- Builds, connects and leads high performing teams to deliver the best possible, creatively innovative work.
- Defines and drives the talent strategy for the team – learning and development, mentoring etc.
- Sets the vibe for the team – makes it inspiring, makes it fun.
DAY TO DAY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily scrums and status meetings with various teams and departments to ensure smooth sailing of campaigns.
- Weekly status with key clients and interagency group, travelling to other agencies for these meetings fortnightly.
- Weekly status meetings with senior level clients, travelling to their offices for these meetings.
- Financial reporting meeting (weekly internally, monthly with client).
- Leading and directing several campaigns, overseeing strategic, creative development and production phases of tasks.
- Create timing and production plans for campaigns.
- Create presentation and performance presentations, overseeing and run these meetings with internal stakeholders, clients, interagency and suppliers.
- Proven experience working within a creative agency environment at Account Director level
- Proven experience working on global FMCG companies.
- International experience in other markets/agencies.
- Expertise across multiple media channels.
- Experience in leading, mentoring and bringing out the very best in your team.
- A natural relationship builder. Personable, engaging, curious and intuitive.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to motivate and inspire.
- Examples of campaign delivery in a social and digital space.
- Sound knowledge of UX & e-commerce.
- Educated to degree level.
A note to Recruitment Agencies
Thank-you for your interest, we have an established PSL and value these relationships. On this particular instance, we would like to hear from candidates directly.